Tuesday 25 June 2013

True Colors



'True Colors' is a song released by Cyndi Lauper in 1986. I don't care much for Cyndi Lauper but I like this song, it's so beautiful!

It reached No.1 in the USA and No.12 in the UK. Listen to it here

True Colors was written by Billy Steinberg, who also wrote 'Like a Virgin', 'Eternal Flame', 'I Drove all night' and 'I Touch Myself', I like all of these songs.

I find it hard to write 'Colors' rather than 'Colours'....this is just one of many words that is spelt differently in the USA to the UK. Another is Neighbor (USA) which I would spell as Neighbour (UK).

Why is that.....does anyone know?




9 comments:

  1. Who knows. I spent three minutes looking it up... I much prefer your accent, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks susie! mcdonalds drive through doesnt like my accent ha ha

      Delete
  2. I think it's because spellings weren't standardised in the past and where here in the UK we took Samuel Johnson's dictionary as our guide in the US they began with Webster's dictionary which was different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read that too! But personally I like to think they wanted to save on letters!

      Delete
    2. i just find it weird. Also how we say stuff differently. Half the time people people dont understand me either, i find it difficult at drive through mcdonalds x

      Delete
    3. hi annie, thanks for that information!

      Delete
  3. I love Cyndi! The song is beautiful as is your artwork, I love all of the colors. Or colours, if you prefer.

    ReplyDelete