Wednesday 31 July 2013

The last few days.....

I have had quite an eventful last few days...hence not blogging as much as normal!

It started on Friday, I had a 3rd interview for a position I applied to, the interview was with the CEO and HR Director so I was very nervous. I needn't have been, I found out Friday night that I got the job!!!

WOO HOO...I am no longer unemployed.

Saturday night, I went to see John Mayer, it was amazing. I would go as far as saying it was the best concert I have ever been to. It was at an outdoor arena, the sound was great and he sang my favourite song 'Free Fallin', which is a cover from Tom Petty.

Everyone seems to hate John Mayer over here (or at least my neighbours do), but I love his music and it was packed so I'm not the only one. His new album 'Born & Raised' is really good, it has a country feel to it.

Here are some pics from the event:







 
 
I started work on Monday!....yes Monday just gone so I had no time to take in the shock of no longer being unemployed. I made my business cards straightaway.
 
My desk at work....I get a nice window seat for now, opposite the boss who is such a lovely guy!
 

I will do my best to keep up with blogging, it will have to be an evening thing now when I'm not too tired from work so maybe not every day....I will aim for 3 times a week!

I'm off now to have a large glass of wine

14 comments:

  1. HUGH congrats on the job hun :) You'll have to get a notebook and start planning your blog posts now like I do - it's the only way to find time to blog, work a 9 to 5 and have a life, lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clink! Congratulations, that's just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job!! And I LOVE Mr. Mayer ~ he's my favorite! :) My favorite song is Slow Dancing in a Burning Room. Gives me chills! I would LOVE to be able to see him live....Lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I got back on the blog in time to get the good news about the job R. Way to go! Fab news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Dear! :)

    P.S. I have nominated you for the Wonderful Team Membership Award, if you would like, do accept.
    http://sheethalsusan89.blogspot.com/2013/08/its-raining-awards-d.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Dear! :)

    P.S. I have nominated you for the Wonderful Team Membership Award, if you would like, do accept.
    http://sheethalsusan89.blogspot.com/2013/08/its-raining-awards-d.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! How are you finding it? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year - Hope we'll be seeing more of you, in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropping by to say Hi. Hope you have time to do the A-Z challenge coming up in April.

    ReplyDelete