Friday 26 July 2013

Best of British - Day Ten


Our last day in the UK before travelling back to California so you may be glad to hear that this is more or less the last of my Best of British posts. I promise to be more creative in August!

Me and Rich had Day 10 to ourselves. After dropping Caitlin off at nursery we decided to go to a greasy spoon for a big fry up and plan our day.

My Fry-up, minus the mushrooms and tomatoes!
With us only being 30 minutes from Cambridge and it being a beautiful, hot sunny day, we decided to go off an do some exploring in one of the UK's most famous university cities.

We had a little wander around Cambridge, checking out all the beautiful architecture and cute streets. There were people on bikes and students everywhere!

Red telephone boxes!

I love this shop sign
We bought tickets to go punting from the Information Tourist Centre and made our way to the river Cam. We stopped for a quick drink by the river beforehand.

Check out all the bikes...




So off we went punting....the water wasn't very clear but the ducks seemed to like it. The trip lasts for about 1 hour which isn't bad for £14 each. It was very relaxing, lots of beautiful architecture to see and bridges....I have a thing about bridges.

Me and Rich under a bridge






After a relaxing time punting, we headed home so we would be back in time to pick Caitlin up from nursery. Then it was time for our last sleep before leaving the UK :(

7 comments:

  1. I love those red phone booths. Just like the one they have in UK in Walt Disney World in Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous city & a gorgeous photo of you & Rich! Glad you had a great time! I've never been to Cambridge but I've always wanted to! Punting on the river sounds so relaxing & a great way to people watch, which I love to do :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Cambridge, I never went punting tho but it seems like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Rowena. I love punting, I could just lie back all day while Steve does all the work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was googling about a problem im having on my blog and saw you was having the same problem,
    my header is a grey, off white colour to the rest of my blog.
    I would really appreciate if you replied on here or email met at idkmatilda@aol.com

    please respond.
    idkmatilda.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was googling about a problem im having on my blog and saw you was having the same problem,
    my header is a grey, off white colour to the rest of my blog.
    I would really appreciate if you replied on here or email met at idkmatilda@aol.com

    please respond.
    idkmatilda.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete