Thursday 13 June 2013

One Love



Song title today is 'One Love' which I originally planned for the legendary Bob Marley but on researching I forgot that the UK band 'Blue' also did a song by this title so I will cover both!

'One Love' by Bob Marley is a classic song. I was first introduced to Bob by an ex-boyfriend when I was 16 years old. The song was released in 1977 (before I was born!), it has been used in films/programmes (including Glee, Marley & Me) and covered by so many people (Antonio Banderas, Richard Branson?).

I love this song, its such a happy tune...listen here

UK boy band 'Blue' released their song 'One Love' in 2002, it reached no.3 in the UK Charts. The video was made in LA (just up the road from me), the boys look very cute in the video!. I love this song too, it makes me feel young and reminds me of when I went to Cornwall, it was playing on the radio all the time. I'm surprised this didn't get to No.1 in the UK.

You can watch the video and listen to it here


Which 'One Love' song do you prefer and can you think of any others?

12 comments:

  1. "At Last" sung by Etta James is a great classic love song...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very popular for wedding dances at the moment too!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't see the first one. Thought the video was better than the song in the second one. Cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very cute! They got back together recently in the UK x

      Delete
  3. I've only heard the first one. Bob is a Caribbean Icon.. I'm just starting my relationship with his music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob is a legend, the film documentary about his life is really good, you should watch it.

      Delete
  4. Haha wow the Blue song brought back so many memories. How I miss cheesy adult boy bands. One Direction do not make the cut unfortunately, they look like little children in a choir :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I quite like a bit if One Directon...they are a bit young for me but very cute x

      Delete
  5. I love 'One Love' by Blue. I was a big fan, especially of Simon Webbe! U2 also sang 'One Love' which I liked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue are awesome, I like all rise too! I love that U2 song, didn't like the newer version they did though :)

      Delete
  6. i thought of Blue before Bob Marley's one...argh. I love the artwork that goes with the post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a classic Blue song, I don't know why I didn't think of it first. Thank you! X

      Delete