Saturday 1 June 2013

June Challenge



So now I'm on my own, I've had a little time to think about what I can set myself for a June Challenge and I have decided that I am going to do something creative relating to 'song titles'. By creative, I mean an illustration, photograph, doodle...whatever really. 

If anyone wants to join in feel free... the more the merrier!

So for example, a few days ago I did the following illustration called 'Jar of Hearts':
I realised afterwards there is a song with this name by Christina Perri, click here to listen.

 
I have made a list of songs I think I might be able to illustrate or do something with creatively. My song list so far is:
 
3 is the magic number                                    Message in a bottle
Dreams                                                           Fairground
Time to say goodbye                                      Walking on Sunshine
White Moth                                                    Poker Face
Butterfly                                                         True Colors
Call Me                                                           Over the rainbow
Yellow                                                            True Blue
Red Red Wine                                                 Hello
Nineteen                                                          Caravan of Love
Sealed with a kiss                                            Black or White
Genie in a bottle                                              Umbrella
Written in the stars                                          Yellow Submarine
Bed of roses                                                     Bubble Toes      
Cookie Jar                                                        Hotel California
 
What I would like from you my lovely readers  is for you to suggest some song titles I've not thought of so that I have more of a choice. I need songs that inspire me creatively so ideally with a colour or object in the title to work with would be ideal. Can I have some suggestions please?

12 comments:

  1. American pie, tequila sunrise, follow the yellow brick road, pink houses, fat man in the bathtub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm liking tequila sunrise and pink houses! Not heard of fat man in the bathtub? Thank you for the suggestions, if you think of anymore, keep them coming x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surfer Girl, Don't fence me in, Red roses for a blue lady. Finally have a chance to catch up on some of your posts. I agree with your rant and hope you find employment soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thanks for catching up! I'm liking Surfer Girl...I'll try and do something this week and dedicate to you :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your graphic, Jar of hearts. You are really good -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Coffee Lady! Jar of Hearts is one if my faves at the moments x

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for a June challenge. Kissed by a Rose - Seal. It was the first song full song I ever learnt and has been my favourite every since. I heard it on the radio last night and was the first thing that came to mind when I read your blog post :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'll see what I can do for this just for you! It's a lovely song x

      Delete
  6. What a cool idea to come up with your own challenge - good luck chick xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i got to do something and it has enough freedom/focus to keep me busy for now...join me! x

      Delete
  7. What a great idea, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. As for suggestions..."Heart of Gold" by Neil Young or "Lucy in the sky With Diamonds" by the Beatles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, great suggestions! I will definitely do at least one of these and dedicate to you x

      Delete