Thursday 6 June 2013

Message in a Bottle

 
 
"Message in a Bottle" is a song by The Police from 1979....(wow I didn't realise this song was that old).

You can watch the video here on YouTube. Watching it makes you realise how much things have changed in the last 30+ years in the world of music videos and haircuts.

The song is about a story of a castaway on an island, who sends out a message in a bottle to seek love.  The single was The Police's first number one hit in the UK but amazingly it only reached 74 in the USA.

Listening to The Police reminds me of being in Tenerife when I was 15 years old. We used to go to this bar each night and the guy who owned the bar played The Police constantly. I've loved all their songs since then.

I don't think I have a favourite song, I like them all.

Do you have a favourite Police song?

3 comments:

  1. Love that song, for some reason I think of summer when listening to it.

    The artwork is pretty cool, I like the dark clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a huge fan, but always liked Sting. He and his wife have been married forever, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Police! I remember one Christmas my husband and I, staying up all night, with M-TV in the background, assembling a tricycle. :-)

    ReplyDelete