Monday 24 June 2013

Surfin' U.S.A

Good day! hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

"Surfin' U.S.A." by The Beach Boys was released in 1963. 50 YEARS AGO! It was written by Chuck Berry.  

The song reached No.3 in the USA and No. 34 in the UK. (I find it hard to believe it never reached No.1). It is such a classic, feel good song.

It featured in the 1985 film, Teen Wolf. (One of my favourite movies growing up) when he is surfing on the roof of the van.

Watch the clip from Teen Wolf here

I would love to be able to surf, but don't think I would look great in a wet suit and I would probably drown.

Any surfers out there?

8 comments:

  1. You probably wouldn't drown with a wetsuit...they are bouyant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I am so thick! I would probably still find a way to drown, or get eaten by a shark x

      Delete
  2. Surfin' USA is 50? No wonder my jowls are sagging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look fine in your picture to me Amy!

      Delete
  3. Aw....LOVE Surfin USA and Teen Wolf! Who doesn't love Michael J. Fox, right? Did you do this? Beautiful! My dad would love it! I tried surfing in Florida....not quite the same thing as surfing in California, I'm sure....but it was hard, lol. Either that or I have really bad balance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M.J.Fox in his day was awesome. Yes is did the artwork, glad you like it! I've not tried surfing, I tried water skiing once and couldn't get up, my balance is rubbish too, although I'm good at ice skating? X

      Delete
  4. The artwork looks amazing, the writing is just a bit hard to see at the bottom but maybe I am colour-blind..gasp. now the song stucks in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did the writing on purpose so dont worry, its not your eyes, just me trying new stuff x

      Delete